3.10.2011

Can of worms....opened!

Just recently I came across an article that my nephew in Florida was sharing on Facebook, it was something about those wackos of "Westbor Church"...you know the ones with the "God hates....." signs....and according to them God hates everyone and everything...
So, a judge just ruled in their favor in a case against them....they claimed their rights for "free speech" were violated. (They were protesting, with their lovely (pause for sarcasam..) signs, at a funeral for for a man that died while in the military)...
To make a long story short, my niece had made a comment on this article...something with : Have faith in God...bla bla bla. And my nephew (they are siblings) wrote back, "Enough said..."...
So to play devils advocate I just wrote "Care to elaborate...??" 'Cause usually when someone says have faith in God....the conversation ends....don't leave much room for questions.
But I always question....and I got my "answer" a couple of days later....:



"What is faith and where can I get some??!?!?!
We see the word written everywhere. Inside fancy Christmas cards, on keychains, tattooed on someone’s arm, etc. The word faith has swept across America, it sounds like a nice word, we are sure it means something great, but where exactly does it come from?
Faith is the source of something good, positive and encouraging. We can use the word in a sentence like, “I have faith that my blood results are going to be just fine, I’m a healthy person”. Or in a sentence like, “I have faith in you, cause you're a bright person and I love you.” Faith is an excellent word for many reasons. It leads us to a happy ending and it strengthens us when fear tries to discourage us as we wait patiently for each day to reveal a purpose for us.

What would you say if I told you faith can save your life? I mean, REALLY SAVE YOUR LIFE. I’m not saying your life is in danger because for all I know you could be enjoying a really scrumptious chocolate cake right now while sipping on organic milk and wondering what time you want to leave to the spa tomorrow-- what I’m truly saying is, faith is your ticket to heaven and I promise you the spas there are more amazing than we could ever imagine, they are fountains of youth! After your body enjoys the pleasures of earth with your spouse, kids, parents or pets, your awesome spirit has to go somewhere. Where can faith take your spirit after you grow old and wrinkly and take your last breath?

Faith can safely get you into heaven!! Walk the walk of faith and you will see miracles as you approach heaven’s gate. I sound like a tour guide but I just want your stay on earth to be a pleasant one!! Now if you want to be an unpleasant earth traveler you might choose to walk away from faith, meaning, not be optimistic of yourself and where you’re going. I believe an unfaithful traveler is headed somewhere along the lines of hell, really. We all have seen these types of travelers at the airport; they’re rarely satisfied, always wanting more because they don’t think they have enough, worried they’re being ripped off, etc. They might even argue that they are already living in hell so why care, because the world seems to be getting worse, see, these people are not faithful. But hallelujah for the faithful ones!! The heavenly motivated who train their souls to think good and positive thoughts because life is just a detour before heaven! The more we rely on a positive outcome for our lives, the closer we grow to the being who gave us a place like Heaven to even desire in the first place. Thank God for heaven, He is filled with joy when we work spiritually hard on earth to be where he created us to end up!

Where can you read more about heaven besides on here? Why, in the Holy Bible of course! The only good resource we have that explains heaven and earth in awesome detail is the Holy Bible. It is where we can comfortably read and learn about the creator of heaven too.

Would you walk into someone’s house without knowing the person? Would you move into a new country without going through the department of immigration or developing a lick of the language? Same applies to heaven but there is no paperwork involved, just a good read and a word like faith. All it takes is a personal relationship with the creator, and it all begins with faith that the Bible tells it like it is for us! An optimistic realization that you are good in the Creator's eyes and you have a room in heaven because you are faithful to the truth! By now we know Obama is not the creator of heaven, and we definitely know he does not have a special ticket there either, yet, he might become a practicing and faithful believer of the Creator someday if he decides to catch up on his Bible reading, but that’s a whole nother topic for another day. Just to emphasize, not even men and women who get paid tons of dollars to fly into space have physical access to heaven.

You don’t have to be famous to get into heaven, you can be poor and needy like me because I have faith. Heaven needs people like you. How? Well because, heaven knows you by what you do on earth. First step to being a good earthly creature is to, One, believe there is a heaven. Two, understand you are living on earth, you are part of the world for now and three, UNFORTUNATELY, there is a hell, a fiery hot dark place that many people joke about but honestly there is nothing funny about it, let me tell you why.

The antonym, or opposite, of faith is doubt. Try to think of moments when you doubted something you cared about and try to remember how it made you feel inside. How anxious your spirit became, how worrisome you might’ve grown to be for minutes, days, weeks or even months. Doubt is the seed of anxiety, depression, phobia and suicide. I don’t want to scare you but that sounds like hell to me. I know I’m getting off of the topic on faith but I hope you feel how important the word is in order to understand how amazing heaven is.


Now take a deep breath and once again remember the marvelous words we learned today, faith and heaven! You will get there if you just believe that God, the Biblical creator, is good and he’s waiting for you to step into faith so that you may start seeing bits and pieces of heaven until you actually get there! "


These are not her own words...clearly from a pamphlet or something...
I highlighted what it said about Obama....cause it just made me laugh out loud....
Oh....this just opens up a whole can of worms for me...more questions...more...more more...
How can you have a normal conversation about this with someone...who can only qoute the Bible...or something their priest/pastor said??
And another thing...how should I respond?......

No comments: